Salary: £19,554 – £27,905 (Depending on Experience)
Hours: 35 per week
Contract: Secondment until January 2021
Job Ref: 868
Cranstoun: Sandwell provides a range of services for those affected by drugs and alcohol. The preventative and self-help approach of the service compliments the established treatment and recovery interventions delivered across the Borough ensuring the service caters for all levels of need.
You will be responsible for delivering all elements of substance misuse work including, case management, needle exchange, outreach, group work, access, and engagement as well as other associated duties. You need to be committed to the recovery agenda and encouraging clients to utilize their recovery capital within their community and have group-work experience. There will be a requirement for evening work on Wednesday evening until 8 pm on a rota basis.
The assertive outreach workers’ role
The two assertive outreach workers will have the following objectives:
- Increasing identification of and referral of individuals to the Blue Light approach by working across other multi-disciplinary teams in the borough
- Engaging eligible individuals not known to community treatment services
- Acting as care coordinator for a small number of particularly problematic and disengaged individuals to deliver harm reduction and manage risk
- Ensuring robust referral and proactive referral pathways with emergency services including engagement training for a range of front line staff
- Providing robust and active access to treatment and wider support provision
- Gathering and utilising local/town level intelligence to coordinate targeted outreach patrols
- Gathering evidence in relation to availability and visibility of harmful products for use within the Licensing agenda
- Safeguarding and risk management
Unfortunately, we are unable to accept CVs.
Closing date: Saturday 1 June 2019
Interview date: To be confirmed