Salary: Up to £24,000 per annum depending on experience
Hours: 37 per week
Based: Newbury, West Berkshire (at Children Services)
Job Ref: 852
An exciting opportunity has arisen for experienced practitioners to join the Swanswell West Berkshire team working as part of an innovative project providing high quality support and interventions at the earliest opportunity to families in West Berkshire as part of the Contact Advice and Assessment Service (CAAS). This includes working with adults with a history of substance misuse to achieve their goals and improve outcomes for
Swanswell’s Family Recovery Workers are responsible for holding a caseload working alongside Social Workers and co-ordinating the most appropriate level of intervention and treatment of service users, helping them to deal with their substance misuse so that they can change their lives and be happy.
You will be an integral member of a front door team within the CAAS incorporating the Multi Agency Safeguarding Hub (MASH) within Children’s Services, delivering comprehensive interventions, underpinned by Motivational Interviewing Techniques. These interventions will be time limited linked to statutory timescales of social care assessments, but will include delivering a full range of outreach, open access and case management support. Medically assisted recovery where appropriate, and recovery interventions to families affected by substance misuse will also be part of your role with a clear point of transfer for any ongoing longer term work to Family Recovery Workers in the Family Safeguarding Teams or an appropriate pathway outside of statutory services.
The focus of all interventions will be:
- To reduce substance related harm to the individual and their children
- To reduce the negative impact on children and families of parental substance misuse and associated lifestyle factors
- To promote healthier life styles and increase family choice
- To promote and support parents/carers into both abstinence based and medically assisted forms of recovery
- To provide effective case management and coordination of the individual’s treatment plan in support of the children’s Child Protection (CP) or Child in Need (CIN) assessments and planning.
- To promote family members involvement to improve outcomes for children
We are looking for talented and motivated people to work with our service users in West Berkshire. If you are someone who enjoys problem, solving to help people to change their lives for the better, this role is right for you. The most important thing you will bring to this role is your desire and ability to make a positive difference to people’s lives.
Closing date: Tuesday 2 April 2019
Interview date: To be confirmed