Based: London and Surrey
Cranstoun is a charity empowering people to live healthy, safe and happy lives. We’ve been making a difference since 1969 by combining our expertise with innovative approaches, and putting people at the heart of what we do. Our skilled and compassionate teams work with service users, families and communities, helping them to make positive changes. We offer a wide range of substance misuse services across England, including community-based outreach, treatment and recovery, detox, supported housing, domestic abuse, and specialist services for young people and families and carers.
The trustees are responsible for providing leadership and direction to the charity. Cranstoun is seeking up to three new trustees to join its board. The main tasks and purpose of the board are:
- To develop and maintain a thorough understanding of the aims and objectives of the organisation, in order to take part in formulating and regularly reviewing its strategic aims and objectives.
- With other trustees, ensure that the policies and practices of the organisation are in keeping with its aims and objectives.
- With other trustees, ensure that the organisation functions within the legal and financial requirements of a charitable organisation and strives to achieve best practice.
- To oversee and monitor the functions and operations of the organisation, working in conjunction with the Leadership Team and assisting them in the achievement of Cranstoun’s vision, aims, objectives, strategies and targets.
The board meets every two months from 5pm to 7pm and holds its meetings in either London or Esher, Surrey. There is an away day every January. There is an expectation that trustees will visit our services from time to time to understand more about the support we provide.
Cranstoun is seeking candidates who first and foremost have a desire to understand the issues associated with addiction.
The charity welcomes applications from candidates irrespective of background who have a genuine interest and empathy in Cranstoun’s service users.
Specific skills sought:
- Digital expertise – specifically the strategic application of digital marketing and the positive as well as reputational issues that can surface using social media
- Clinical addiction – this could be from an academic, medical, pharmacological, or prescribing background. You will know about clinical governance and be aware of the developments in this space.
- Commercial – a broad background but someone with strong commercial skills, financial nous and with significant leadership experience.
Closing date: Monday 14 January 2019
Preliminary Interview date: Tuesday 29 & Wednesday 30 January 2019